2019年11月15日

AWANA服事同工




Walking with God at Awana
For over two years now I have been serving in our Awana Cubbies Club. Started as a part-time leader, I transitioned into full-time after one year of service. It hasn’t been very easy but was full of God’s grace. Serving children at Awana not only opened up my heart and connected me with them, but also impacted my walk with God in a more meaningful way.

Initially, my daughter was in Awana Cubbies and she has gotten so much out of it as a preschooler. I felt the importance to get involved and give back to this wonderful program. That had motivated me coming to learn, explore and be an extra helper.

Started as a rotating leader, I came in to serve occasionally. I enjoyed helping, hearing kids laugh and playing games with them. The most impressive part was to see Cubbies stand up to say the entire Bible verse out loud without any help, and with a smile on their faces. It became my favorite part of Awana, because I can witness how God plants His words deeply into children’s hearts.

After some time, I was asked to consider becoming a full-time leader. At first, I did not think that I was qualified. Moreover, I was not even sure if I could commit to serve every week. But then the Holy Spirit reminded me that God does not look at what we have, but how much we are willing to do. Even though I still had questions and felt unsure of myself, I chose to walk by faith.

I prayed to God if this is God’s will, I am willing to take a step of faith. But God knows how limited I am, He will equip me and help me to seek Him. In the past, I had always prioritized many other things before God that nearly took up all my time. Until now, I still have no clue how I manage time and make time for Awana. But I believe that God will never leave me alone for He walks by my side. He is going to help me and provide a way out for me. For when I am weak, He is strong!

I started my new role. The first few weeks were exciting. I felt my passion, energy and joy that came out from serving. But it didn’t last quite long. I got sick, along with the stress from switching jobs, I felt I was weak spiritually. Surely God knows my frustration, and He is faithful as He has always been. He reminded me that His grace is sufficient for me. So, I continued to serve Him as I knew that He will carry my burdens and grant me peace. Amazingly, Cubbies cheered me up with their cute smiley faces. I was filled with peace and joy in my heart after Awana.

It has been extremely rewarding to watch kids growing up in church. I ended up learning from them all the time, which I am very grateful about. The excitement of seeing how kids love to be in church is very encouraging to me. It always touches me to see them growing in faith and showing love to others.

Being in Awana is part of my family routine. I will not forget the Awana night when my daughter told me that her favorite place in the world is CHURCH. I knew that it is not only because of the snacks, exciting games or friends at the church, but also because of the incredible leaders. They are showing Christ-like love with their faithful service, which is making an eternal impact on children’s lives. It is such an honor to be part of the Awana family! Glories to God in the highest!