2012年5月6日

Hernan Benitez(Youth Group)


I am obeying this command, not only because I want to show everyone that I am a loyal Christian, but it’s because I am a joyful Christian that is having this unique privilege that shows how I am living a joyful life through Christ. 
 I started to go to a Christian school when I was 4 years old. I grew up listening to the stories of the Bible, and how great Jesus was. However, I never knew understood the reason on why we should keep reading the Bible or assist to every church meaning. I was there simply because my parents forced me to be a socially active person.I still remember using Jesus Christ as an excuse of life, the only reason on why I went to church was because I wanted to live trough eternity in heaven and care about myself. I didn’t really give value to the things that Jesus did for me. 
 I never wanted to spend time with the Lord, so I started to invent reasons on why I should be doing things that I thought that were important. Sometimes I read the Bible because everyone read it. These lies that I invented seemed to be the truth. 
 Unfortunately, all the lies that apparently suited in my life were made to drive me out of reality. Did I really know what was true?
A dramatic turn of event occurred one day when my friends and I were assisting a Christian concert that my teacher invited us to go. After he finished playing, my teacher and I gathered together with my friends ,and we started to feel the Holy Spirit was surrounding us. At that point, I didn’t feel comfortable with myself and my understanding of the Bible yet. People often mentioned that God talked to them through quiet time, so one day I asked myself: “What can I loose.”
At the beginning, after reading a few chapters of the Bible, I started to realize that God was trying to interact with me. My curiosity towards God started to grow until one day I realized that my interest started to develop, and then I finally understood the concept of being saved by faith, because without him we can’t be saved.
Now that I realized how complex the context of religion was I found out that only the important things that belonged to God were worth of pursuing. The everyday life was not a wild adventure, a battlefield or just another day that was added to my daily life. Now that I am God centered, I know that I won all the battles that I had and will possibly have. My heart is not only cleansed of sin, but it longs for God now.
I know that I will be put intentionally in situations that regular non-Christian people wouldn’t be able to face with ease, in situations that only God can help us solve, and I am glad that I am going to be there with God, because I am not in the position of the non-Christian person. I know that risking my life for him is going to be painful, but that pain will definitely be an itchy after experience a life near my God.
The power of God is infinite, and I am still wondering what took me so long to understand that.